Wednesday 30 April 2014

Shoot Nine

In todays lesson i took photographs in the studio to tell the story of thoughts and feelings. I did this by having the model write down her first thoughts onto a piece of paper and then photographer her. I used a dark navy background and one sided lighting to get shadows on the models face, making one side lighter than the other. The composition of all my photographs included the model from head to waist. I took the photographs from a direct in from angle. If I was to do this lesson again I would take photos of a variety of different people just so I could get a different range of thoughts and feelings.


In this photograph I have merged tree pictures together at different opacity levels. On showing the quote, 'live for today', the other saying 'inspire me' and then 'peace'. This show the models thoughts and feelings along with her facial expression. I used a dark navy blue background in this photograph and shadowy lighting to create shadows on the models face by having one sided lighting, therefore making one side lighter than the other. If I was to take this photograph again I would change the composition and include more of the models body. For example: Try whole length photos to see how they look. 

For this photograph I have captured the model laughing which I really liked. I have edited the picture black and white and made the corners and edges darker than the middle section of the picture. I have used the same on sided lighting to create shadows as I did for the picture above. I also used the same navy background. If I was to take this photograph again I would take the photo from further back to include more in the composition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment