Thursday 10 April 2014

Shoot Eight

During this lesson I did a studio shoot of Alice in Wonderland. I used a brown background for all of my photographs because the blonde whig looked nice against the brown background the colour being brown also made the colours of the dress stand out more. I used bright lighting but focussing on the model herself not the background because I didn't want any shadows on the background. 

If I was to do this lesson again I would change the lighting because some of the images were way too bright and some of them were way too dark depending on how close the picture was. I would also think about doing a location shoot for Alice In Wonderland as I liked my previous Dorothy Shoot a lot due to the location. 




In this image it shows the model holding her dress, I didn't include the models face as I wanted the dress to be the center of attention. I also took this photograph in this way because I had looked at another photographers work of Alice in Wonderland and the face was not included in many of the images. I edited this image to make the background black because I like how it created mystery. If I was to take this photograph again I would make sure that the lighting is right on both sides because as you can see the models left arm is a lot more pale than the rest of her body. 

This second image I again didn't include the model face and focused on the movement of the model poring tea. I did this because due in the film and book of Alice in Wonderland she is at a tea party and a tea set is very much associated with Alice in Wonderland. I like the models skin complexion against the brown background and the gold tea set with the brown background. If I was to take this photograph again I would get more of the models whig in the composition as I believe the blonde hair represents Alice in Wonderland and its helps portray the character through the image. 

No comments:

Post a Comment