Monday 28 April 2014

Connecting Essay

One: Gorna DA

This photograph from the photographer Gorna DA, shows the life cycle of a leaf. The different photographs are put into different sections to represent the life cycle of the leaf growing and then dying. The leaf changes colour which represents time passing as the life cycle takes place. the image is split into 9 different sections. The background used is plain white because the leaves are the main focus of the photograph.  

This image is my own photography. I have taken step by step photographs and put them into a sequence to show the life cycle of flowers growing. I used two flowers as I felt the images looked more full as with one flower it looked to empty. I used a dark blue background but when editing my photos I made the background darker so it looked black because I believe the photos stand out more on the black background. I used an overhead light to shine the light directly onto the flowers rather than the background. I put the different photographs of the flowers in order of the flower growing, until they both have all their petals.


Overall both these photographs connect to one another because they both show the life cycle of nature, for example: a leaf in the first image and flowers in the second image. These photographs also connect together because they are separate photographs put together into a ordered sequence of the leaf/flowers growing. Another reason for why the images connect is because of the plain backgrounds used in all the images, for example: White in the first image and black in the second image.

No comments:

Post a Comment