Sunday 27 April 2014

connecting Essay

Three: Hannah Wellbourn


This image represent the red shoes within the film 'Wizard of Oz'. The image is made black and white but it has used selective colour by still keeping the shoes red and everything else black and white. This shows a contract between the two colours. The lighting in this image seem to be very natural and focuses on the shoes themselves as they are the main object/focus of the image. The composition this photo allows you to see more of the right hand side background. The photo has been taken from a direct in front angle.

This image is my own photograph that I have taken in my location 'Dorothy' shoot. During the editing process I made the image black and white and then edited the shows to make them red, like the shoes in the film. After this I then blurred the background as I felt it looked better and made you focus on the shoes rather than the background when looking at the image. The lighting I used for this photo was natural light because I took it on a location shoot and had to rely on the natural sun light. The angle I took this photo from was slightly above the shoes to make them the main focus. 




overall these images connect to one another because the main focus of both images is the bed shoes. They are also both black and white images but keeping the colour of the shoes. Both images have been taken in relation to dorothy in the film 'Wizard of Oz'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment